Immigration Help For Victims Of Trafficking And Other Crimes

Access to Law Foundation is a nonprofit organization offering legal support to victims of human trafficking and other crimes, with the ultimate aim of helping them remain safely in the United States.

Those who have suffered serious harm are often those in most need of good legal assistance. Yet they also have the hardest time finding it. That's why the attorneys at our Foundation have dedicated themselves to providing assistance when vulnerable people need it most. Based in Norcross, and available by appointment in Moultrie, we serve all of the southeast U.S. and are always ready to protect the most vulnerable.

If you are the victim of crime, it is likely difficult for you to assert your voice — and, when beaten down, to assert your rights. We are here to speak on your behalf and help you find stability and safety.

How We Help

Unlike notarios — unlicensed professionals who can hurt your chances at obtaining legal immigrant status — our lawyers are qualified to provide legal counsel and representation when you most need it. In addition to helping you petition for asylum, we can help you apply to stay in the United States through a number of other means, including:

  • U visas — Through its U visa program, the United States offers legal nonimmigrant status to victims of certain crimes who have suffered serious mental or physical abuse. Applicants oftentimes must be willing to help prosecutors pursue the criminal offenders responsible for their harm.
  • T visas — Similarly, the U.S. offers protection to victims of human trafficking through its T visa program. Our nation's government views trafficking as an especially heinous crime, a form of modern-day slavery, and seeks to help those who have suffered its effects.
  • VAWA — The Violence Against Women Act (VAWA) was established to help victims of domestic abuse obtain legal status to live and work in the United States. Petitioners are able to file without their spouse's knowledge, though one important provision is that the offending spouse must be a citizen or legal permanent resident of the U.S. Despite its name, VAWA offers protection to individuals of both genders, as well as children and parents of the citizen or legal permanent resident abuser.

We also offer support to children who have suffered abuse or are otherwise in need of immigration help.

Reach Out To Us For Help

If you or someone you know needs help, reach out to our Foundation. You can call us at 770-729-4753 or contact us online. All consultations are confidential.

We are a federally recognized nonprofit Foundation dedicated to making sure that vulnerable people have access to qualified legal representation. If you would like to support our mission, please consider making a donation.